With over 1.3 million apps in Apple’s App Store and another 1.3 million apps in the Google Play store, finding the best apps of the year can be a little overwhelming. Where do you start? One of the best resources on the internet are the ‘Best of 2014’ lists that companies release in late 2014. As a consumer, you can take advantage of the time and effort that companies have put into evaluating apps and discover apps that you may not know about. Take a look at four of our favorite lists for the ‘Best Apps of 2014’ below.
- The lists include productivity apps, calendars, keyboard apps, games and more.
- Top Android apps include: Afterlight (photo editing app), Disney Movies Anywhere, Estar Battery Saver (battery management app), Google Calendar, and Google Now Launcher, IFTTT, Mailbox (email app), Minuum (keyboard app), QuizUp (social trivia game), and Sunrise Calendar.
- Top iPhone apps include: Acorns (investing app), Humin (contacts app), Hyperlapse (video app), Jelly (social network app), Kim Kardashian: Hollywood (game), LinkedIn Job Search, Nuzzel (news app), Overcast: Podcast Player, Secret (social media app), Swype (keyboard app)
- Business Insider created a list of the 100 Best Apps for iPhone and Android
- To create their list, Business Insider staff looked at apps that they use everyday, took nominations from readers and carefully reviewed the best and most popular apps that were launched in 2014.
- To make the list of the year’s best apps more user friendly, Business Insider broke their list down into categories. The categories include: productivity, news/reading, social networking, entertainment, games, fitness/health/food, sports, photo/video, shopping, travel, and utilities
- Google Play recently released a summary of the top apps, games, songs, and movies of 2014 in an infographic
- Most downloaded apps by category include:
- Duolingo (Education)
- MyFitnessPal (Health and Fitness)
- Pandora (Music)
- Flipagram (Photography)
- Facebook (Social)
- Netflix (Entertainment)
- NFL Mobile (Sports)
- TripAdvisor (Travel)
Our Favorite Apps in 2014
Some of our favorite ‘go to’ apps for business in 2014 were the following:
- RingCentral app for Android and RingCentral app for iPhone and iPad – take your phone system anywhere with integrated voice, fax, text, conferencing, and HD video meetings
- RingCentral for Salesforce app – seamless integration between Salesforce CRM and RingCentral accounts
- Cirrus Insight – integrates Salesforce CRM and Gmail, Google Calendar and Google contacts
- Google Drive – access and work on files from anywhere
Did your favorite app make the list? To learn more about apps that your business can use to work more efficiently in 2015, visit our website at perpetualwest.com.