Over the past couple of years, blogs have become a very popular way for companies to engage in conversation with current and/or potential customers. If your company already has a company blog, you know first-hand that blogging takes time and effort. Planning keyword-focused content and creating blogs posts with relevant images can be time consuming but the benefits of having a blog far outweigh the costs. Here are our top 5 reasons why having a company blog is important:
5 Reasons Why Having a Company Blog Is Important:
1. A blog gives your company a chance to shine and add value to the community
Blogs are a great way to share knowledge and expertise about a certain topic. A blog post should offer value to the reader as many readers are using blogs to research and/or find recommendations about a topic. A blog also provides a way for companies to establish a connection/relationship with customers and allows for an exchange of ideas in a positive environment.
2. Increased website traffic
Studies show that there is a strong correlation between publishing blog posts and website traffic.
- Companies who publish 9-15 blog posts a month generate 3x more website traffic than companies who don’t.
- Companies who publish 15 or more blog posts a month generate 5x more website traffic than companies that don’t.
3. Increased number of leads
Studies also show that there is a strong correlation between having a website with a blog and acquiring leads.
- Every time you publish a blog post, you are adding a page to your website. Companies that have 401 – 1000 pages experience 6x more leads than companies with 51 – 100 pages.
- 57% of businesses have acquired a customer through their company blog.
4. Increased number of inbound links and indexed pages
A company blog can also have a positive effect on your company’s inbound links and number of indexed pages.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links
- Companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages
5. A blog can help your company be found online
Having a blog can help your company be found via organic search results (i.e. unpaid search results) that appear below paid advertisements on search engine results pages. Blogs are a great way for companies to gain exposure and be found by readers who are looking for a topic on a search engine.
- 92% of companies with blogs say that having a blog has successfully driven more traffic to their website.
In our opinion, a company blog is a key component of every company’s marketing plan. If you already have a company blog, keep posting great content to share with the online community. If you don’t have a company blog, it’s not too late to start!
At Perpetual West, we started our company blog in March 2012. Now that we have been actively blogging for just over a year, we have definitely experienced the benefits of having a blog – increased website traffic, leads that become customers, and an increased number of inbound links & indexed pages. Some of our customers have told us that they found our company because of a blog post that we wrote.
Scroll down to check out all of the statistics in the ‘Current Status of Online Business’ infographic
Infographic Source – Homestead