Are you thinking about moving your business phone system to the cloud in 2015? There is no time like the present. These days, more businesses are moving moving their phone system to a cloud provider so that they can take advantage of all the benefits that the cloud has to offer (i.e. key benefits like cost savings, supports mobile employees, scalability etc.). If you are thinking about moving your business phone system to the cloud, you need to do your homework and be ready so that the transition to the cloud runs as smoothly as possible. Here are 6 key factors to consider when moving your phone system to a cloud provider:
- Network Speed – Does your business have a solid, high speed internet connection (with a bandwidth of 90 Kbsp or higher for each voice line)? These conditions need to be met to ensure voice quality of any communication via the cloud.
- Routers – Does your business have a Quality of Service (QOS) enabled router? Cloud phone system providers recommend a QOS enabled router to ensure call qualilty.
- Quality of Service (QOS) – Voice quality depends to factors such as type of router being used, quality of internet connection.
- Reliability – Look for a provider that has bi-coastal data centers, 99.99% uptime, continuously monitored Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) quality of service, and minimized service interruption during outages
- Service – Look for a provider that offers multiple layers of security to keep your communications safe in the cloud (i.e. firewall, SSL certificates, 24/7 data center monitoring etc.)
- Scalability – Look for a cloud-based phone system that can easily grow with your business and your changing needs.
For more information on the 6 key factors to consider when moving your phone system to a cloud provider, here is a useful infographic from RingCentral – the industry leader in hosted PBX phone services in the cloud.