What is a cloud-based phone system?
“Cloud-based” means that the technology infrastructure and global network functionality live in a secure data centres and are delivered to your business over the internet.
How does a phone system in the cloud work? Check out this video from RingCentral
What are the advantages of a cloud-based phone system?
There are 4 key advantages of a cloud-based phone system:
- No complex hardware to install or maintain
- No technical expertise is required to manage and use a cloud-based PBX phone system
- Latest features and functionality are automatically updated for you in real-time
- You can access your phone system from anywhere. The only pre-requisite is an internet connection
Can I transfer my current phone number to RingCentral?
Yes! You can transfer/port your current local or toll-free phone numbers to RingCentral. On average, this process takes 2 – 4 weeks and depends on how quickly your current phone service provider releases the phone number.
Does RingCentral have a mobile app for Android and iPhone/iPad?
Yes! You can take your RingCentral phone system with you by using the RingCentral for Android app or the RingCentral for iPhone/iPad app.
- RingCentral for Android app – use your Android phone or tablet to make/receive calls, send/receive faxes and texts, run conference calls, configure phone system settings etc. App is available from the Google Play store.
- RingCentral for iPhone/iPad app – use your iPhone or iPad to make/receive calls, send/receive faxes and texts, run conference calls, configure phone settings etc. App is available from the App Store.
How long have you worked with RingCentral? What certifications do you have with RingCentral?
We started as a RingCentral customer in 2011. We were so impressed by the product that we also became a RingCentral Authorized Dealer in 2012. Greg Kinloch is a RingCentral Certified Communications Professional and keeps up to date on all features and updates so that our clients can get the most out of their RingCentral business phone system.
What brands of VoIP phones do you recommend that I use with RingCentral?
We recommend the Cisco SPA series phones as well as the new Polycom VVX phones to our clients. These phones can be automatically provisioned with the RingCentral service making it easy for RingCentral customers to add new phones to their accounts. These phones off great quality at a reasonable price.
What is the focus of your Salesforce consulting business?
We are focused on serving the needs of SMB’s (Small & Medium Businesses) which is an often neglected segment of the Salesforce customer base. We help SMB’s and small non-profits fully leverage the power of the Salesforce platform now and as it evolves. We’ve worked with businesses and non-profits in almost every industry segment.
What types of Salesforce work can you do?
Implementation, customization, integration, training, development. Pretty much all things Salesforce. Refer to our Salesforce page.
What other Salesforce AppExchange apps do you have project experience with?
We work with best of breed AppExchange partners like Docusign, Conga, Cirrus Insight, Desk.com and many others. If it’s an app that’s relevant to SMBs, we’ve probably worked with it on a project and integrated it into Salesforce.
What do your clients have to say about your Salesforce consulting projects?
Please check out our 5 star reviews on our AppExchange listing. If you’re looking for a reference in your specific industry, feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to provide one.
How long have you worked with Salesforce and what certifications do you have?
Shaun Calderwood has worked with Salesforce since 2007 and has been certified since 2009. Here are his active certifications.
What do your Salesforce engagements look like?
If a project is well scoped, we are happy to estimate that project for you so that you can budget accordingly. If you have ad hoc work, we’re happy to accommodate you on an hourly basis. Regardless, we’re here to work within your budget and time frames.
How involved in the project do we need to be?
We can handle the heavy lifting for you however it’s usually best for you to get involved in some way to get the most out of the project. We prefer to empower you as much as you want to be empowered.
Do you provide ongoing support for Salesforce?
Yes – we take pride in getting to know your business so we can help you achieve more ROI with Salesforce. We believe a long term relationship is in both parties best interest. Our clients rely on as a trusted advisor for all things Salesforce related.
What is the focus of your Google Apps Deployments?
We are focused on serving the needs of SMB’s (Small & Medium Businesses). We help SMB’s fully leverage the power of the Google Apps for Work suite of productivity and collaboration tools. We’ve worked with businesses in almost every industry segment.
What types of Google Apps services do you provide?
We provide implementation, integration, training and ongoing support services for Google Apps for Work. Typically, when a business is up and running with Google Apps (ie. the heavy lifting is done), we help that business fully leverage the power of Google Apps as it evolves.
How long have you worked with Google Apps for Work and what certifications do you have?
Shaun Calderwood has worked with Google Apps since 2007 and has been a certified deployment specialist since 2012.
What do you Google Apps deployments look like?
For typical small business deployments:
- We gather the details from you and provide a detailed estimate customized to your business.
- After project sign off, we setup your Google Apps account for all your users and prepare for the email transition.
- Once the email transition takes place (usually on a Friday), we do customized training for your users onsite or online.
- We then help you setup the other key apps like Calendar and Drive.
- We answer any outstanding questions while users get up and running with the suite.
- We provide ongoing administration and end user support.
Do you provide ongoing support for Google Apps for Work?
Yes – we take pride in getting to know your business so we can help you achieve more ROI with Google Apps. We believe a long term relationship is in both parties best interest. Our clients rely on as a trusted advisor for all things Google Apps related.
Why have you chosen to work Salesforce, RingCentral and Google Apps as your key solutions for small businesses?
- In today’s world, every business needs to manage their customers, communicate effectively and collaborate seamlessly.
- Customer Relationship Management = Salesforce
- Unified Communications = RingCentral
- Email & Collaboration Tools = Google Apps for Work
- They are all best of breed. Each of them command huge market share in their space and they aren’t going anywhere soon.
- We love and use them ourselves everyday.
Why should I work with a cloud consultant?
Most of our clients suffer from small or large cases of “cloud confusion”. They are focused on what makes their business successful, not the technology that is required to support them. We help alleviate any pains they have by implementing best of breed cloud apps so that they can focus on what they do best.