As of Dec 6, 2012, the free version of Google Apps for Business is no longer available to businesses. The fortunate users that have taken advantage of the free service in the past will get grandfathered service for free. Here are the important points to keep in mind going forward:
- Google Apps (free version) was limited to 10 users with 10 GB of email space per user and no 24/7 support or uptime guarantee.
- Google Apps for Business (paid version) gives you an unlimited number of users, 25 GB of email space per user, 24/7 support and a 99.9% Service Level Agreement.
- The value received with Google Apps for Business at $50/user/year is really unequaled, especially with Google Drive for document sharing and storage having been added to the suite in the last year.
- Google keeps adding new features and functionality at a torrent pace. Google+ Hangouts, the new Gmail compose and the Android and iOS apps to name but a few.
- Google Apps will still be free for Education users and individuals OK with a standard Google account (@gmail.com)
If you’re looking to make the switch to Google Apps for Business, let us show you why the paid version is worth its weight in gold. We are a Calgary-based Google Apps Authorized Reseller that has shown many small and medium sized businesses how to “Go Google” and not turn back. Contact us today at 1-877-388-6400