Does your company have a LinkedIn company page? A LinkedIn company page helps LinkedIn users learn more about your company, your products/services, discover current job opportunities, and engage with your company through status updates. If you don’t have a LinkedIn company page, it’s not too late to start! Here’s our LinkedIn company page checklist to help you get started:
LinkedIn Company Page Checklist
[Note: To create a LinkedIn company page, you must meet specific requirements. To edit a LinkedIn company page, you must be listed as a company page administrator.]
Add a homepage image and company logo
- A homepage image is the image that appears in the rectangular box at the top of the LinkedIn company page. Choose a homepage image that is creative and speaks about your company’s brand, products, or culture. For example, the homepage image on Perpetual West’s LinkedIn company page features clouds with the names/logos of some of the cloud-based solutions that we work with.
- Your company logo will appear in the top left hand corner of your company page.
- Homepage image requirements: minimum 646 x 220 pixels, PNG/JPEG/GIF format, maximum size of file is 2 MB.
- Company logo requirements: 100 x 60 pixels, PNG/JPEG/GIF format, maximum size of file is 2 MB.
Create a great company profile
- This is your chance to tell your story and let LinkedIn users know more about your company, your specialties, and what sets you apart from the competition. Think of this section of your company page as an abbreviated ‘about us’ page.
- LinkedIn’s required fields of information include: company name, company description, company type, size, URL, industry, and operating status.
- Optional fields of information include: company specialties, company locations, featured LinkedIn groups (that you are a member of), and year founded.
Feature key products and services
- Every LinkedIn company page has a Products and Services tab where you can include an overall description of your company’s products and services and feature up to 25 products and services.
- You can include an image and a brief description of each product and service that your company offers. The order that products and services appear on your product and services tab can be re-ordered at anytime if you want to highlight a certain product or service.
- LinkedIn also allows you to add up to 3 banner images to draw attention to your key products and services. These banner images rotate and are a great way to visually highlight a specific product or service offering. Below is an example of one of our banner images on our LinkedIn company page.
- LinkedIn users can leave a recommendation for one of your company’s products or services on your LinkedIn company page. All recommendations appear to the right of the specific product or service on the Products and Services tab.
- As the world’s largest professional network, LinkedIn is a great platform for companies to share business related content (including blog posts, articles, videos etc.) that offers value to the business community. Once you have a LinkedIn company page, it is important to post regular status updates so that you engage in conversation with individuals and companies that follow your company page.
- Review your company page on a regular basis to ensure that all of the information is current and up-to-date.
How do you let people know about your LinkedIn company page? Options include:
- Add a company follow button to your website or blog.
- Add your LinkedIn company page to your email signature.
- Share your LinkedIn company page on social media accounts that you actively use (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Google+).
- Ask your employees to share your LinkedIn company page with their connections/contacts.